Austria - Apply for Identification(ID) Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the nearest authority to you. For the list of where you can go, please see the 'Office Locations and Contacts' in this page.
- The application for an identity card must personally be introduced.
- The card is issued within approximately five working days by post to the address given ( eg sent home, work place, passport agency).
- When application on the town is to be expected with a longer waiting time.
- Application form - If the applicant is under age 18 (please note there is a separate application form for minors), one of the parents (if parents are married) or the legal guardian must sign the application as well. (The legal guardian for children born out of wedlock is the unmarried mother. #If the parents are divorced and share custody, both parents have to sign the application form).
- Statutory Declaration ("Erklrung")- completed and signed.
- One (1) recent passport photo. Additionally to the listed criteria the eyes on the picture have to be in the upper half of the photograph.
- If you hold dual citizenship or a temporary visa this document is not required.
- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate
- if applicable: Marriage (issued by Registrar Office) and Divorce Certificates
- if applicable: Proof of Academic Degree (e.g. diploma) to be entered into the passport *)
- if applicable: Austrian Change of Name Document
Office Locations & Contacts
The passport authority:
- The district administration
- In Leoben and Schwechat : the community
- In statutory cities : the City Council
- In Vienna: the municipal district offices
The application for the issuance of identity cards can domestically - regardless of residence - are made ??for each passport authority.
Please follow the link for more information
Prerequisite for the issuance of an Austrian passport is an Austrian citizen.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The card is issued within approximately five working days by post to the address given ( eg sent home, work place, passport agency).
When application on the town is to be expected with a longer waiting time.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
It is now possible to apply for the Austrian ID-Card (Personalausweis) through the Austrian Embassies. This document can also be used to travel from Austria to many European countries and allows additional functions to be added (for use in Austria only).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.