Austria - Apply for Driver License for Scooter Cars and Micro Cars
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain driving license for scooter cars and micro cars you must first complete a training course with a competent authority.
- You should attend training classes for six months. Training could begin before your 15th birthday.
- You will only be issued a license for category AM after your 15th birthday so is your provisional license.
- Official photo identification
- A photograph (35 mm x 45 mm ), which can recognize the owner / the owner properly (if possible according to certain criteria passport photo )
- For 15 year olds:
- Consent of the parent or guardian
Office Locations & Contacts
Julius Raab-Strae 1, 7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43 57 600 4180 Fax: +43 57 600 4177 E-mail: bh.eisenstadt @ bgld.gv.at
Main 1, 7540 Gssing
Phone: +43 57 600 4691 Fax: +43 57 600 4670 E-mail: bh.guessing @ bgld.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Burgenland: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Burgenland
Milesistrae 10, 9560 Feldkirchen
Phone: +43 50536 67214 Fax: +43 50536 67200 E-mail: bhfe.verkehr @ ktn.gv.at
Main road 44, 9620 Hermagor
Phone: +43 50 536 6340 0 Fax: +43 50 536 6339 1 E-mail: post.bhhe @ ktn.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Carinthia: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/K%C3%A4rnten
Preinsbacherstrae 11, 3300 Amstetten
Phone: +43 7472 9025 21130 Fax: +43 7472 9025 21131 E-mail: buergerbuero.bham @ noel.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Lower Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Nieder%C3%B6sterreich/BH%20Amstetten
LPD Upper Austria
Nietzsche Strae 33, 4021 Linz
Phone: +43 59 133 40 0 Fax: +43 59 133 40 6229 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Upper Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Ober%C3%B6sterreich/LPD%20Ober%C3%B6sterreich
Alpen Strasse 90, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 59 133 50 0 Fax: +43 59 133 50 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Salzburg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Salzburg/LPD%20Salzburg
Park ring 4, 8010 Graz
Phone: +43 59 133 60 0 Fax: +43 59 133 60 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Steiermark: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Steiermark/LPD%20Steiermark
Kaiserjgerstrae 8, 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 59 133 70 0 Fax: +43 59 133 70 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Tyrol: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Tirol/LPD%20Tirol
Castle Gayenhofplatz 2, 6700 Bludenz
Phone: +43 5552 6136 0 Fax: +43 5552 6136 51095 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Vorarlberg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Vorarlberg
LPD Vienna Office
Holaubek-Josef-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mon: 8:00 to 12:30
Tues: 8:00 to 12:30
Wed: 8:00 to 12:30
Sat: 8:00 to 12:30, 13:30 to 17:00
Fri: 8:00 - 12:00
Phone: +43 1 31345 0
Fax: +43 1 31345 87029
E-mail: [email protected]
- To search for accredited driving schools: http://www.fahrschulen.co.at/index.php?&topgroupname=fahrschulen&groupname=fahrschulensuche&subgroupname=
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Theory course about six teaching units (50 minutes)
- Theory test (moped test)
- Practical course about six teaching units (50 minutes) on the practice
- Practice course over two lessons (50 minutes each) directing public transport
- Proof of sufficient control of the vehicle opposite the instructor / the instructor or driving instructor / driving instructor the
- Consent of the parent or guardian, if the 16th Age has not been completed
- Transport reliability
- Medical report from the age of 20
- no practical driving test
- no Unterweiseung in life support
Note: If applying for both privileges (moped identification with the entries "motorbike" and "light quadricycle") are made, the practical training shall, at the training ground once on a single track and once on a four-wheeled vehicle can be performed (ie two six sessions). Training in public transport is in any case necessary for the authorization for steering of single-track vehicles.
Training and testing costs can be obtained from the competent authorities.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
To view an image of a Credit Card Driving License
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Driving Schools
- Automobile Clubs
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The AM Class includes scooter cars and micro cars. You will need to obtain a driving license to able to operate these kind of vehicles.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Driver's License Law
- License Law Implementing Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal
More information which might help people.