Austria - Apply for Driver License for Motorbikes
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You must be able to complete all the training required for the class of license you are applying for. You will received a provisional license after completing all the classes.
- After passing the practical driving test, a provisional license is issued - the credit card driving license will be delivered within a few days after payment of the costs that appear on the cost sheet by mail.
- Application submitted to the driving school
- official photo identification
- where appropriate official document showing a name change
- where appropriate, evidence of a degree
- medical opinion
- Passport photo (35 x 45 mm) not older than 6 months
Office Locations & Contacts
Julius Raab-Strae 1, 7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43 57 600 4180 Fax: +43 57 600 4177 E-mail: bh.eisenstadt @ bgld.gv.at
Main 1, 7540 Gssing
Phone: +43 57 600 4691 Fax: +43 57 600 4670 E-mail: bh.guessing @ bgld.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Burgenland: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Burgenland
Milesistrae 10, 9560 Feldkirchen
Phone: +43 50536 67214 Fax: +43 50536 67200 E-mail: bhfe.verkehr @ ktn.gv.at
Main road 44, 9620 Hermagor
Phone: +43 50 536 6340 0 Fax: +43 50 536 6339 1 E-mail: post.bhhe @ ktn.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Carinthia: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/K%C3%A4rnten
Preinsbacherstrae 11, 3300 Amstetten
Phone: +43 7472 9025 21130 Fax: +43 7472 9025 21131 E-mail: buergerbuero.bham @ noel.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Lower Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Nieder%C3%B6sterreich/BH%20Amstetten
LPD Upper Austria
Nietzsche Strae 33, 4021 Linz
Phone: +43 59 133 40 0 Fax: +43 59 133 40 6229 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Upper Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Ober%C3%B6sterreich/LPD%20Ober%C3%B6sterreich
Alpen Strasse 90, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 59 133 50 0 Fax: +43 59 133 50 6219 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Salzburg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Salzburg/LPD%20Salzburg
Park ring 4, 8010 Graz
Phone: +43 59 133 60 0 Fax: +43 59 133 60 6219 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Steiermark: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Steiermark/LPD%20Steiermark
Kaiserjgerstrae 8, 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 59 133 70 0 Fax: +43 59 133 70 6219 E-mail: lpd-t-Verkehrsamt@polizei.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Tyrol: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Tirol/LPD%20Tirol
Castle Gayenhofplatz 2, 6700 Bludenz
Phone: +43 5552 6136 0 Fax: +43 5552 6136 51095 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Vorarlberg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Vorarlberg
LPD Vienna Office
Holaubek-Josef-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mon: 8:00 to 12:30
Tues: 8:00 to 12:30
Wed: 8:00 to 12:30
Sat: 8:00 to 12:30, 13:30 to 17:00
Fri: 8:00 - 12:00
Phone: +43 1 31345 0
Fax: +43 1 31345 87029
- To search for accredited driving schools: http://www.fahrschulen.co.at/index.php?&topgroupname=fahrschulen&groupname=fahrschulensuche&subgroupname=
The Drivers License Law provides that applicants must follow the minimum age:
- A1 - 16 years old
- A2 - 18 years old, in possesion of an A1 license for 2 years.
- A - 20 years old, in possesion of an A2 license for 2 years.
- New application: 60.50
Note: The costs can be settled at any time during office hours in cash directly to the Authority. In the variant of the payment slip attached payment slip should necessarily be used or at least be given the application number (otherwise it can assignment problems of monetary amounts to the authorities give).
The provisional license is only valid:
- For a maximum of four weeks from the date it was issued (deadline can not be extended)
- In connection with a government issued photo ID
- Within Austria
Driving Licenses issued on January 19, 2013 will be valid up to 15 years.
NOTE: The provisional license will ceased to be valid once the driving license is delivered.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
To view an image of a Credit Card Driving License
Processing of the new license takes no more than five to ten days after the production order. The credit card driving license will be mailed to the applicant / the applicant specified address. You can also avail of the express production (costs 16 Euro) - where the license will be delivered to you within two days.
Undeliverable driving license cards are sent to the driving license authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway.
Driving licenses for motorcycles in Austria are categorized as follows:
- Motorcycles with or without sidecar
- Engine capacity of up to 125 cc and a maximum power of 11 kW (15 hp ) power / weight maximum of 0.1 kW / kg
- Tricycles with not more than 15 kW (20 hp ) engine performance
- Motorcycles with or without sidecar
- Engine capacity of up to 35 kW (48 hp ) and a power / weight of not more than 0.2 kW / kg , which are not derived from a vehicle of more than double its power (35 kW is at least 175 kg vehicle weight)
- Motorcycles with or without side-car, three-wheel motor vehicles (Class A also includes the driving license for categories AM, A1 and A2.)
To know more about classes and extension of license: http://www.bmvit.gv.at/verkehr/strasse/fuehrerschein/fuhrerscheinklassen.pdf
Information which might help
First training phase before the driving test:
- At least eight lessons class specific theoretical training
- At least twelve lessons practical training
Second training phase to the test:
This is to be completed within 14 months after the test:
- Six lessons driving safety training
- Three lessons traffic psychological group discussion and hazard perception training
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Driver's License Law
- License Law Implementing Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal
More information which might help people.