Austria - Apply for Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit an application form to the driving school. They will directly enter the applicant's data into the register then they will print a copy of the transcript for the applicant to verify and put his signature on.
- To proceed with the application process, the applicant must attend driver training, comply with the medical requirements and take first aid classes. Please note that the medical report should be done before taking the practical driving test.
- Once you succesfully completed a practical driving test you will be issued a provisional license, a cost sheet with payment bill for the legal costs and in some cases: a leaflet about the registered codes.
- The provisional license must be signed upon delivery of both the Fahrprferin / from the examiner and by the candidate / candidates from.
- Only when the information on the cost sheet fees have been paid will the driving license authority initiate the production of the driving license card at the Austrian State Printing.
- Application submitted to the driving school
- official photo identification
- where appropriate official document showing a name change
- where appropriate, evidence of a degree
- confirmation of the message (report form)
- Evidence of training in life support (except Class D and DE) or the completion of a first aid course (for categories D and DE required)
- medical opinion
- Passport photo (35 x 45 mm) not older than 6 months
Office Locations & Contacts
Julius Raab-Strae 1, 7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43 57 600 4180 Fax: +43 57 600 4177 E-mail: bh.eisenstadt @ bgld.gv.at
Main 1, 7540 Gssing
Phone: +43 57 600 4691 Fax: +43 57 600 4670 E-mail: bh.guessing @ bgld.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Burgenland: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Burgenland
Milesistrae 10, 9560 Feldkirchen
Phone: +43 50536 67214 Fax: +43 50536 67200 E-mail: bhfe.verkehr @ ktn.gv.at
Main road 44, 9620 Hermagor
Phone: +43 50 536 6340 0 Fax: +43 50 536 6339 1 E-mail: post.bhhe @ ktn.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Carinthia: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/K%C3%A4rnten
Preinsbacherstrae 11, 3300 Amstetten
Phone: +43 7472 9025 21130 Fax: +43 7472 9025 21131 E-mail: buergerbuero.bham @ noel.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Lower Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Nieder%C3%B6sterreich/BH%20Amstetten
LPD Upper Austria
Nietzsche Strae 33, 4021 Linz
Phone: +43 59 133 40 0 Fax: +43 59 133 40 6229 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Upper Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Ober%C3%B6sterreich/LPD%20Ober%C3%B6sterreich
Alpen Strasse 90, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 59 133 50 0 Fax: +43 59 133 50 6219 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Salzburg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Salzburg/LPD%20Salzburg
Park ring 4, 8010 Graz
Phone: +43 59 133 60 0 Fax: +43 59 133 60 6219 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more licensing authorities in Steiermark: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Steiermark/LPD%20Steiermark
Kaiserjgerstrae 8, 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 59 133 70 0 Fax: +43 59 133 70 6219 E-mail: lpd-t-Verkehrsamt@polizei.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Tyrol: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Tirol/LPD%20Tirol
Castle Gayenhofplatz 2, 6700 Bludenz
Phone: +43 5552 6136 0 Fax: +43 5552 6136 51095 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more licensing authorities in Vorarlberg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Vorarlberg
LPD Vienna Office
Holaubek-Josef-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mon: 8:00 to 12:30
Tues: 8:00 to 12:30
Wed: 8:00 to 12:30
Sat: 8:00 to 12:30, 13:30 to 17:00
Fri: 8:00 - 12:00
Phone: +43 1 31345 0
Fax: +43 1 31345 87029
A driving license is issued to a person who:
- have reached the required minimum age for the desired class
- is reliable to drive
- is fit to drive a motor vehicle and passed a medical examination
- technically capable of driving a motor vehicle
- have provided evidence that they are trained in life-saving measures in a traffic accident or, for the driving license for the class D, in first aid.
- passed the theoretical and practical driving test
A driving license for categories C1, C, D1 and / or D may only be granted if the applicant is in possession of the driving license for category B. A driving license for categories BE, C1E, CE, D1E and / or DE may only be issued if the driver's license applicants already in possession of the categories B, C1, C, D1 and / or D is.
- New application: 60.50
- Extension of the classes C/C1/D: 11.00
- Express delivery: currently 16.00
Note: The costs can be settled at any time during office hours in cash directly to the Authority. In the variant of the payment slip attached payment slip should necessarily be used or at least be given the application number (otherwise it can assignment problems of monetary amounts to the authorities give).
The provisional license is only valid:
- For a maximum of four weeks from the date it was issued (deadline can not be extended)
- In connection with a government issued photo ID
- Within Austria
Driving Licenses issued on January 19, 2013 will be valid up to 15 years.
NOTE: The provisional license will ceased to be valid once the driving license is delivered.
Documents to Use
Download the Application Form
Follow link to view an image of a Credit Card Driving License: http://www.fs-info.at/content/kartenelemente-vorderseite
Processing of the new license takes no more than five to ten days after the production order. The credit card driving license will be mailed to the applicant / the applicant specified address. You can also avail of the express production (costs 16 Euro) - where the license will be delivered to you within two days.
Undeliverable driving license cards are sent to the driving license authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications for the issuance of the driving license must be submitted to the driving school. It will be processed by the licensing authority in whose jurisdiction the driving school falls under.
- National Police Directorate, cities with State Police:
- District Commissions, in communities:
- In statutory cities Krems and Waidhofen / Ybbs the magistrate
- For the statutory Rust: the National Police Directorate Burgenland
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway.
Information which might help
The cost sheet includes:
- All costs incurred (except the medical and public health officer costs), which are:
- License fee
- Inspection fees
- Cost for express manufacturing of the license
- A payment form (with application number)
If only one of several classes applied for individual tests have been passed , the candidate driving license / license the candidate can choose whether a credit card driving license should be issued or not:
- License should be issued for passing classes:
- The full amount (including inspection fee for failed classes) is to be paid
- The application for the failed classes will be deemed withdrawn
- For the completion of other classes an extension of the driving license must be applied for at the driving school
- Credit card driving license is to be issued upon passing the remaining classes:
- There is no cost sheet handed
- The fees will be deferred for the time being (up to 18 months)
- With completion of the practical driving test in the remaining classes, the production of the driving license card check is made after payment of the fees
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Austrian Driving License
- Austrian Government Portal
- Driver's License Act (FSG)
- Driver's License Law Implementing Regulation (FSG DV)
More information which might help people.