Austria - Apply for Disability Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Approach competent authorities that would be able to help you get a disability identity card.
- Present you identification with photo and submit documents needed for the application.
- Fees for the said procedure varies depending on the state issuing the card.
- Official Identification with Photo
- A passport photo
Office Locations & Contacts
- To locate offices: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-Meldezettel&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
- To locate Statutory Offices: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/99/Seite.991304.html
Vienna City Administration, Rathaus, A-1082 Wien
Municipal District Offices: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/politics/translation/district.htm
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Application Form: 14.30
Additional Fee may vary depending on the state imposing the fee and additional charges levied.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The district administration
- In statutory cities: The Magistrate
- In Vienna, Municipal Department Office
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Highway Code created some provisions that benefits a person with disability. The code makes travelling easier for people with disability such as those in a wheelchair. The code designated parking zones with no time limit, places where parking is prohibited and pedestrian zones.
The code also addresses mobility problems by providing exemption from vehicle insurance tax, financial support for the adaption of motor vehicles to meet the needs of its user, and application for a disabled parking space.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Highway Code: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=10011336
- Austrian Government Portal: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/114/Seite.1140020.html
More information which might help people.