Austria - Apply for Credit Card Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill up the application.
- Submit to the licensing authority along with all other required documents.
- Pay the necessary fee.
- You will receive confirmation from the licensing authority,informing you on when you can pick up the license.
- Valid photo ID, has all important personal data ( eg include name, first name, date of birth, place of birth) If no official identification is present, it needs a witness identity / identities of witnesses. Here are some documents you may present as a valid identification:
- Identity card
- Weapons pass
- Driving license (only those recognized by the authorities as an official photo ID)
- A photo (portrait 35 mm x 45 mm ), which can recognize the owner / the owner properly (if possible according to certain criteria passport photo )
- Possibly confirmation of the message (facilitates the execution by the Authority)
- If necessary, marriage certificate , divorce order or divorce decree , or official document showing the name change
Office Locations & Contacts
Julius Raab-Strae 1, 7000 Eisenstadt
Phone: +43 57 600 4180 Fax: +43 57 600 4177 E-mail: bh.eisenstadt @ bgld.gv.at
Main 1, 7540 Gssing
Phone: +43 57 600 4691 Fax: +43 57 600 4670 E-mail: bh.guessing @ bgld.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Burgenland: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Burgenland
Milesistrae 10, 9560 Feldkirchen
Phone: +43 50536 67214 Fax: +43 50536 67200 E-mail: bhfe.verkehr @ ktn.gv.at
Main road 44, 9620 Hermagor
Phone: +43 50 536 6340 0 Fax: +43 50 536 6339 1 E-mail: post.bhhe @ ktn.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Carinthia: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/K%C3%A4rnten
Preinsbacherstrae 11, 3300 Amstetten
Phone: +43 7472 9025 21130 Fax: +43 7472 9025 21131 E-mail: buergerbuero.bham @ noel.gv.at
- For more licensing authorities in Lower Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Nieder%C3%B6sterreich/BH%20Amstetten
LPD Upper Austria
Nietzsche Strae 33, 4021 Linz
Phone: +43 59 133 40 0 Fax: +43 59 133 40 6229 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Upper Austria: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Ober%C3%B6sterreich/LPD%20Ober%C3%B6sterreich
Alpen Strasse 90, 5020 Salzburg
Phone: +43 59 133 50 0 Fax: +43 59 133 50 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Salzburg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Salzburg/LPD%20Salzburg
Park ring 4, 8010 Graz
Phone: +43 59 133 60 0 Fax: +43 59 133 60 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Steiermark: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Steiermark/LPD%20Steiermark
Kaiserjgerstrae 8, 6020 Innsbruck
Phone: +43 59 133 70 0 Fax: +43 59 133 70 6219 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Tyrol: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Tirol/LPD%20Tirol
Castle Gayenhofplatz 2, 6700 Bludenz
Phone: +43 5552 6136 0 Fax: +43 5552 6136 51095 E-mail: [email protected]
- For more licensing authorities in Vorarlberg: http://www.fs-info.at/wo-geht-das-web/Vorarlberg
LPD Vienna Office
Holaubek-Josef-Platz 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mon: 8:00 to 12:30
Tues: 8:00 to 12:30
Wed: 8:00 to 12:30
Sat: 8:00 to 12:30, 13:30 to 17:00
Fri: 8:00 - 12:00
Phone: +43 1 31345 0
Fax: +43 1 31345 87029
E-mail: [email protected]
A driving license is issued to a person who:
- have reached the required minimum age for the desired class
- is reliable to drive
- is fit to drive a motor vehicle
- technically capable of driving a motor vehicle
- have provided evidence that they have trained in life-saving measures in a traffic accident or, for the driving license for the class D, in first aid.
A driving license for categories C1, C, D1 and / or D may only be granted if the applicant is in possession of the driving license for category B. A driving license for categories BE, C1E, CE, D1E and / or DE may only be issued if the driver's license applicants already in possession of the categories B, C1, C, D1 and / or D is.
- New application: 60.50
- Duplicate exchange: 49.50
- Extension in time limit: 49.50
- Extension of the classes C/C1/D: 11.00
- Express delivery: currently 16.00
- Licenses issued on January 19, 2013 will be valid up to 15 years.
- All licenses issued earlier than January 19, 2013 (paper-and credit-card driving licenses) must be exchanged for licenses MFIs no later than 19/01/2033 . The limit refers to the document and not on the driver's license.
Exemptions can be found in the license law.
Documents to Use
Download the Application Form
Follow link to view an image of a Credit Card Driving License: http://www.fs-info.at/content/kartenelemente-vorderseite
For the exchange, your application may be processed within 5 to 10 days.
For the express delivery, your license will be available within 2 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The procedure for "credit card driving license - Application" is the same when a valid "paper license" is exchanged for the new "credit card driving license".
Licensing Authorities in Austria:
- National Police Directorate, cities with State Police:
- District Commissions, in communities:
- In statutory cities Krems and Waidhofen / Ybbs the magistrate
- For the statutory Rust: the National Police Directorate Burgenland
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway.
Beginning March 2006, Austrian driving licences are delivered in the form of a plastic card.
Information which might help
You must bring your license with you at all times during journeys.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Driver's License Act: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=10012723
- Austrian Driving License: http://www.fs-info.at/content/was-brauche-ich
- Austrian Government Portal: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/4/Seite.040101.html and https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/4/Seite.040260.html
The driving license is made from highly durable polycarbonate - it will last longer if you consider the following:
- Do not bend
- Avoid keeping it in your pocket
- Avoid exposing the card to direct sunlight
- Do not store in plastic sleeves containing plasticizers
- Do not bring with liquids, in particular acids and bases, into contact