Andorra - Apply for Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete an application form for driving license application.
- Present and submit the required documents (stated below).
- Take a basic practical test with a Government examiner. This applies to those who cannot obtain the requirements from your home country.
- Another option is to take an Andorran driving test if documents cannot be obtained as requested.
- Or, pay the fine, if you are stopped by the police.
- a completed local application form
- a medical certificate from a local doctor
- a recent color passport-sized photo
- original and photocopy of both sides of the foreign driving license and
- an official translation if the text of the driving license is not in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.Except for these following countries: Spain, France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Greece, Luxembourg, Ireland, Holland, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania, Switzerland or (as of November 2010), United Kingdom.
Additional documents which must be apostillised or legalized:
- a certificate of authentication issued by the Department responsible for issuing the driving license in the country of issue
- a certificate from the same Department which explains the categories on the driving license, being careful to include the maximum weights permitted under these categories
Office Locations & Contacts
- For passive residents of Andorra: they must have one year from the date of their entry to Andorra to apply for a driving license in exchange of their current one(from their country of origin).
- Every applicant must first be inscribed at their local Comu in the area where he lives and he will require the following documents: a completed local application form, a medical certificate from a local doctor, a recent color passport-sized photo, original and photocopy of both sides of the foreign driving license and an official translation if the text of the driving license is not in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.
Fine fee: 60
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- R3T001 / Sollicitud de perms o llicncia de conduir (Application to obtain a driving license)
- R3FT001 / Requisits obligatoris per als candidats lliures de lexamen de permisos de conduir que es presenten a la prova prctica en circuit tancat
- R3T002 / Certificat mdic oficial / Per a perms de conduir de vehicles de motor de les classes J, A1, A2, B1 i ciclomotors (official medical certificate / license for a motor vehicle classes J, A1, A2, B1 and mopeds)
- R3T003 / Autoritzaci paterna/materna per obtenir el perms de conduir (Parent's Consent)
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
An Andorran driving license allows passive and active residents of Andorra to legally drive their own registered vehicle.
Information which might help
The theory test is not easy and tests one's logic in the English translation.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Government of Andorra:
- Andorra-Driving Licenses:
More information which might help people.