Wikiprocedure > American Samoa

American Samoa - Obtain a Beer Vendor License

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. Complete an application form, make sure you have provided all required information.
  2. Provide all necessary documents.
  3. Wait for your application to be approved.
  4. Pay the $25 beer vendor's license fee.

All licenses issued by the Treasurer are approved by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board after carefully studying the character of the applicant and the building and area in which the beer or alcoholic beverage is proposed to be sold, and such other matters pertaining to the sale and importation of beer and alcoholic beverages under the license.

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • Completed application form prescribed by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
  • endorsement of a licensing or examining authority having jurisdiction over the trade, business, or occupation;

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Department of Commerce
American Samoa Government
A.P. Lutali Executive Office Bldg
Utulei, American Samoa 96799

Phone: 1 (684) 633-5155
Fax: 1 (684) 633-4195

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM


Ads by Google


Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.


Beer vendor license: $25


A beer vendors license shall authorize the licensee to sell beer for consumption off the premises, and at distances from the premises which the Board shall prescribe for each license.

All licenses and applicable endorsements are issued on a calendar year basis regardless of when issued, and expire on 31 December of the year issued or renewed.

You may start renewing your license 3 months before your current license expires.

License Non Transferable: The license is issued to the person or persons making the application it cannot be transferred to any other person except upon the forfeiture of a tenancy or upon a foreclosure of a mortgage where the original contract provides that the license is a security for the obligation, in which event the Governor shall be promptly notified of any forfeiture. Any license conditioned upon the fulfillment of any qualifications or prerequisites pertaining to the premises wherein the licensee conducts his business, trade, or profession may not be transferred to another location without written application to and written approval by the Governor.

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


A person is prohibited to import or manufacture any alcoholic beverages or beer of any nature, or any malt syrup or malt extract, or have in his custody or possession, sell, give, receive or exchange any kind of beer or alcoholic beverage or keep such on any vessel or aircraft within the jurisdiction of American Samoa unless he has complied with the rules of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.

Note: Recognized religious organization are not prohibited from importing into American Samoa sacramental wine for use in religious rites without a license.

Required Information[edit]

  • name of business;
  • type of business to be conducted;
  • type of business organization;
  • names, ages, and residences of principals involved in the business;
  • location of business;
  • any other information required by the Governor or Commission.

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

You will need to obtain a beer vendor's license if you are planning to sell beer for consumption outside your business premises. Beer means any beverage obtained by the alcoholic fermentation of an infusion or decoction of barley or other grain, hops and malt in water, and having an alcoholic content of less than eight percent by weight.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

  • American Samoa Bar Association:

Ads by Google


More information which might help people.