American Samoa - Obtain a Beauty Salon License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete and submit an application to the American Samoa Board of Cosmetology.
- Present or submit all other required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Completed application
- Proof that the salon meets all the standards of sanitation required by the rules of the Department of Health, as certified by the Director of Medical Services
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Commerce
American Samoa Government
A.P. Lutali Executive Office Bldg
Utulei, American Samoa 96799
Phone: 1 (684) 633-5155
Fax: 1 (684) 633-4195
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Obtain a license for beauty salons:
- The salon must meet the standards of sanitation required by the rules of the Department of Health, as certified by the Director of Medical Services;
- There is a Board licensed operator working full time in the salon; and
- The salon is adequately equipped for the practices in which it engages as certified by the Board.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
All licenses for salons expire on 31 December next following the date of issue, but may be renewed on the date of expiration.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Licenses are issued by the American Samoa Board of Cosmetology.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A person may not maintain a beauty shop or salon without a license issued in accordance with American Samoa's Beauty Act.
A Beauty shop or salon refers to any premises upon or within which is practiced either of the classified occupations (hairdresser and cosmetician).
Information which might help
Revocation and suspension of certificate: American Samoa Board of Cosmetology may revoke or suspend any license, whether operator or beauty salon for any of the following causes:
- professional misconduct, gross carelessness, or manifest incapacity;
- conviction of a crime involving moral turpitude;
- violation of any of the provisions of this chapter or the rules promulgated pursuant thereto or any other law which applies to him in the occupation covered by the license;
- making any false representation or promise, through advertising or otherwise, or in any manner dealing fraudulently or dishonestly in the occupation covered by the license;
- habitual intemperance in use of alcoholic beverages or addiction to the use of narcotic drugs;
- failing to display the license as required under the Beauty Act.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- American Samoa Bar Association:
More information which might help people.