American Samoa - Obtain Permit to Practice Public Accountancy
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit an application to obtain permit to practice public accountancy to the Territorial Board of Public Accountancy.
- Present all necessary documents along with your application.
- Pay the application fee.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Governor
A.P. Lutali Executive Office Building
Pago Pago, American Samoa, 96799
Permit to Practice Public Accountancy
You may apply for a permit if you:
- are holding a current Certificate of Certified Public Accountant or a current registration as a public accountant;
- had at least 1 years experience in any state of the United States with a person or firm in the practice of public accounting; and
- have complied with continuing education requirements established by regulation of the Board.
The experience requirement mentioned in item 2 does not apply after 31 December 1978, or to any person who has met the educational requirements set forth in 31.0210 through 31.0216 of Public Accountancy Law of 1978.
Temporary Practice Permit
A person shall, upon application to the Board, be issued a temporary practice permit who:
- has attained 18 years of age, or more;
- is of good moral character;
- holds a valid Certificate of Certified Public Accountant or a valid registration as a public accountant issued under the laws of another state, or who holds a valid certificate, license, or degree of a foreign country determined by the Board to be a recognized qualification for the practice of public accountancy in that country; and
- incidental to his practice in that other state, or country, desires to practice public accountancy in American Samoa on a temporary basis.
- Application fee to obtain permit to practice, for those in the practice of public accountancy in his own name as a sole proprietor, or as a partner of a partnership in the practice of public accountancy, or as a shareholder of a corporation in the practice of public accountancy: $30 *All other applicants for the issuance of a biennial permit to practice shall pay a fee of $10
- Temporary permit to practice: $30
- A Permit to Practice Public Accountancy shall be effective for a period not exceeding 2 years.
- A Temporary Practice Permit shall be effective for a period not exceeding 3 months, and shall specify the nature and extent of the practice so permitted.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Application to obtain a permit to practice public accountancy must be submitted to the Territorial Board of Public Accountancy.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- American Samoa Bar Association:
More information which might help people.