American Samoa - Apply for a Foreign Investor Entry Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all the documents you will need to present or submit in order to obtain a permit. The applicant must be able to present to the Attorney General current proof of participation in an enterprise granted a certificate of foreign investment; and the investor's valid passport and that of his/her immediate family member seeking such permit.
- Complete an application.
- Submit the completed application along with all other required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Attorney General's office which can take about 15 days following receipt of a complete application. It is the Attorney General who will decide whether to approve or deny your request.
- Completed application
- Certified copy of the birth certificate of the applicant, the spouse and dependent children;
- Sworn statement of the applicant's educational background and achievements, and employment and business background;
- Three reference letters of good character from non-relatives;
- Certificate of good health of the applicant, his spouse and dependent children;
- Evidence of present citizenship of the applicant, the spouse and dependent children;
- Background report by an acceptable international investigate agency;
- Financial report certified by a registered and certified public accounting firm;
- Evidence that applicant has made available or obtained the financing for an investment of at least $1,000,000 (one million U.S. dollars) for an individual enterprise that has received an approval letter, for a certificate of foreign investment in American Samoa, with such investment already placed in escrow in American Samoa in a designated, suitably insured, financial banking institution; or
- Evidence that the applicant has already invested at least $250,000 (two hundred fifty thousand U.S. dollars) in a bona fide corporation or partnership capitalized at no less than $5,000,000 (five million U.S. dollars) registered in American Samoa with an approval letter for a certificate of foreign investment;
- Six passport-sized photographs, two of which will be endorsed on the back with the words. "This is a true photograph of (name of applicant)" and signed by the applicant; the same is required of the applicant's spouse and dependent children; and
- Three original specimens of applicant's signature.
Office Locations & Contacts
American Samoa Attorney General
1 (684) 633-4163
1 (684) 633-7504 Fax Number:
1 (684) 633-4964
Email Address: [email protected]
- A foreign investor who can present proof that he or she is participating in a foreign investment that has been approved for, or been granted, a certificate of foreign investment.
- The applicant may also apply a permit for his/her family (spouse and two dependent children) .
- Family means the spouse and not more than two biological dependent children or dependent children by legal adoption, effective one year prior to the date of the application for a foreign investor entry permit, of a person participating in an enterprise for which an application for a certificate of foreign investment has been approved.
Non-refundable application fee of $500 (five hundred U.S. dollars) for an accepted participant in an enterprise granted a certificate of foreign investment, which includes the spouse and two dependent children.
The foreign investor entry permits allow the holders the following rights and privileges: entry and exit, of any frequency or duration, to and from American Samoa. The entry permit have no effect other than allowing entry and exit for the purposes of foreign investment and shall not vest in any permit holder any rights to own land, vote, hold elective office, permanent residence, or rights to United States nationality or citizenship.
The foreign investor entry permit is valid for one year and may be renewed each subsequent year as long as the approved enterprise is in operation and all other requirements remain satisfied, subject to revocation upon the conditions specified by law or rule.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The Attorney General's office will be the one to review the application and it will either issue or deny the foreign investor entry permit, the process can take about 15 days following receipt of a complete application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications for a foreign investor entry permit are submitted to American Samoa's Attorney General.
- Name of applicant
- Present address of both the residents and business
- Contact numbers
Need for the Document
A foreign investor refers to a natural person without United States nationality or citizenship, or permanently residing in American Samoa, who is approved for and participates in an enterprise project that has been granted a certificate of foreign investment.
Following is a procedure on how to obtain a Foreign Investor Entry Permit in American Samoa.
Information which might help
Denial of application
In cases where the application was denied by the Attorney General or his designee, he shall state and include the reason for the denial in writing in a communication delivered to the applicant. The Attorney General shall additionally notify and instruct the escrow agent or corporation to return to the applicant the full amount of the investor's funds on deposit.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- American Samoa Bar Association:
More information which might help people.