Albania - Register a Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To start the registration, the applicant must complete the application form. The application form is specific to different types of applying entities. Applications form and the instructions for their completion can be retrieved at every service window of NRC or can be downloaded from the NRC website. The applicant may fill out the form either at any NRC service window with the help of the service window clerk if necessary, or via the Internet, using the NRC�s �Apply On-Line� function.
- Once completing the application form, the applicant (or authorized representative for the registration) submits in persona the application form at any service window of the NRC, together with the necessary accompanying documents.
- The applicant or authorized person must present an identification document, as well (for the authorized representative) a certified attestation for the representation of the applicant for the purpose of registration.
- The official of the service window verifies that the application and the accompanying documents are complete and acceptable by the NRC. In case when the application is incomplete or incorrect, the official of the service window shall assist the applicant in filling in the application form, and eventually print the completed application.
Once all steps, have been followed, the official of the service window issues a confirmation for the completed application, which is issued by the NRC's electronic system and bears the unique number of the file. This confirmation is signed from the parties, the applicant and the official of the service window. The applicant may use this number any time via the official website of the NRC by clicking: Check the Application Status.
At the end of the following day from the application date, if the NCR finds that the information declared is incomplete or not in accordance with the requirements of the Law, the application for registration will be either accepted, refused or suspended.
- Application form
- Original personal identification document (ID card), which the NRC service window clerk will verify, copy and scan, and return;
- Other accompanying documents
The list of the accompanying documents for the initial registration is specific to different legal forms of companies. The applicant may find the list of the accompanying documents attached to the relevant application form.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Subjects obliged to register in the Commercial Register are:
- Physical persons exercising a commercial economic activity;
- Simple partnerships provided by the Civil Code;
- Commercial Companies;
- Branches and representation offices of foreign companies;
- Savings and Credit Companies and Unions;
- Cooperation Companies;
- Any other entity subject to registration in accordance with the Albanian law.
The payment is made at the service window of the NRC when required from the official of the service window and after the assignment of the unique number from the electronic system for the file. In order for the official to sign the final application form, estimated payments are required.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
[http://www.qkr.gov.al/nrc/documents/Ligji9901.pdf Law no. 9901, dated 14.04.2008 �On Entrepreneur and commercial companies�]
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The registration of new business in Albania according to the Law no. 9723, dated 03.05.2007 �On National Registration Center� is done through NRC. The NRC is a central public institution, with legal personality, subordinated to the minister responsible for economy and its legal seat is in Tirana.
At the Albanian National Registration Centre the investors can make all the registration related procedures including tax registration, registration for health insurance, social insurance and labour directorate registration. The electronic registry is fully operational so the registration is made with a single application.
The registration at the Municipality Bureau of Internal Revenue is also a step which must be taken and its perform by sending an application and several documents (including the registration certificate)
- Date of incorporation
- Object, if determined
- Duration, if determined
- Identification data of the responsible persons for the administration and representation of the company in relation to third parties, the representation competences and the terms of their office;
- Specimen of signature of the persons representing the company in front of third parties
Need for the Document
An entrepreneur planning to register a company in Albania can choose among several types of legal entities such as sole entrepreneur, general partnerships, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint stock companies, foreign company branches or representative offices.
All business entities must register with the National Registration Center. The National Registration Center is the public institution responsible for registering and maintaining the registration information of all businesses in Albania. The national registration center functions as a single window for business registration in Albania; the new business is automatically registered with the tax administration, social and health insurance institute, and the labor office.
Information which might help
The NRC Law has established the National Registration Center as a new central public institution, which functions as a Single window where the entrepreneur can complete company registration, tax registration, social insurance, health insurance and labor directorate registration using a single application procedure (Article 59 of the law no. 9723 "on National Registration Center: NRC").
Completing the registration and issuing the registration certificate will serve as evidences for the applicant for business registration, for fiscal registration (taxes, tariffs) for social security registration, for health insurance registration, as well as for registration with the authorities of Labor Inspectorate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Locating your business in Albania offers significant competitive advantages � often very attractive compared to other countries in the region � including a wider regional market penetration.
Foreign investors, interested in developing their business in Albania will have a reliable partner who will follow them step by step in their projects.
In the beginning of the process of starting a business in Albania, the investors must check at the National Registration Centre if the chosen name is singular. The research is made by a clerk in the registers' database. Also the drafting and notarizing the company's documents of incorporation must be performed and only after that the actual registration can begin.