Albania - Obtain a birth certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The person can obtain the certificate by going in person to the Office of Civil Status, presenting an ID and paying the fee
- Parents� ID card if applying for a minor
- Applicant ID card for over 16 yrs applicant
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior Affairs:
Sheshi Sk�nderbej 3
+355 4 224 71 55
Website : http://www.moi.gov.al
Email : email@example.com
Everyone born in Albania is eligible for a birth certificate
Birth certificate is valid forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It�s very easy to get a birth certificate and processing is done on the spot
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Albania has developed a National Civil Register Database, where the civil status components of Albania's residents are collected and maintained digitally
- Birth certificates are issued by Vital Statistics Offices throughout Albania.
- The network of these offices is connected to the main center server in Tirana, called the National Registrar office which is managed by the General Directorate of Civil Office and falls under Ministry of Interior.
- When a person applies for a birth certificate, he or she is issued a new birth certificate based on the original information in the database, instead of a copy of the first birth certificate issued
- Name; Surname;
- Name of father;
- Name of mother; Surname before marriage;
- Date of birth;
- Place of birth;
- Sex; Nationality;
- Place of registration;
- Date of issue;
- Signature and "seal of keeper"
Need for the Document
Children born abroad to apply in the diplomatic or consular of Albania, on the basis of official certificates issued by the relevant local authorities. It is the duty of parents to their interest in performing all procedures make legally valid act of childbirth, to register in offices registrar in Albania. In cases where the newborn baby in the hospital giving birth in the name of "babies"
Parents should be presented in the Albanian representative and state name of the child. Albanian civil documents contain a silver seal in the top right corner of the form, which is a hologram of the Albanian coat of arms
Information which might help
The first three digits in the serial number refer to the number of the specific Civil Status Office (CSO) of the municipality/commune. There is also one generic three-digit number (if not mistaken - 372), which can be used if the CSO of the local government units [(LGUs)] run out of certificates. Theoretically it is possible to track down each certificate to the office and official who has issued it - the serial number has to correspond to the stamp of the LGU, which shall be considered as part of a complete certificate.... Certificates are issued by the CSO based on records of the Fundamental Registry books - a decentralised Albanian civil registry system.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Establishing date of birth and age:
- School registration
- Proving age of majority/minority in court
- Qualifying for pensions, social security or health insurance
- Obtaining a social security number
- Obtaining a passport
- Entering employment limited to citizens
- Obtaining licenses limited to citizens
- Proving legal dependency
- Obtaining inheritance benefits
- Receiving insurance benefits
More information which might help people.